Friday, May 22, 2020

The Ultimate Book Tag!



I saw this fun tag over at Emily the Book Nerd and The Book Critter.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

sweetondean: The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on the OMG IT'S THE ...

Eventually, yes. But I can read for maybe an hour or so before it happens.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

I don't what it is about Jennifer Estep's writing, but every book I have read by her I have fallen in love with! I don't read a lof of epic fantasy, and I even loved that! I love her writing!

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Twilight (Twilight, #1)

And how about I give you one point: Of the two series, I've only read AND watched Twilight 🤷‍♀️ But to be honest, I really loved Twilight back in the day.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?



I don't have a book bag, but whenever I buy a new purse I always have to make sure a book will fit in it before I buy 😂 Cassandra Clare's books are some of the biggest I have, so I always make sure that one of those fits because then I'll know any other book will fit too. Lol. Unfortunately, I just now realized that Chain of Gold doesn't fit in this purse. Huh. 😂

5. Do you smell your books?

Supernatural Dean Winchester GIF - Supernatural DeanWinchester ...

Sometimes 😏

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

Rukia's Drawings xD | Anime Amino

I'm fine either way. A surprise illustration here and there is nice. Last year I read manga for the first time, and I realized that I skimmed through the art really fast, so I really had to work to slow down and take in all the illustrations.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)

Looking back on this book, there are some things that really bug me about it and I don't really understand how I enjoyed it back then?

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Sam Winchester Shrug GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Can't think of one 🤷‍♀️

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?



These Greek mythology graphic novels which, oddly enough, are all exactly 76 pages long. Very weird. Lol.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?



If you don't include my nursing textbooks, it's definitely this one! Which I haven't read, BUT I did finally start the series last year, so that's something, right? 😂

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

Hard Writing GIF - Hard Writing Supernatural - Discover & Share GIFs

I do write! But whether I see myself as an author... Idk, I guess we'll see 😉

12. When did you get into reading?



Middle school!

13. What is your favorite classic book?

No! GIF - Dracula Vampire No - Discover & Share GIFs

None of them?? I don't really read classics, and the ones I did in high school I did not like 😬

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?

Supernatural Deal GIFs | Tenor

It was actually math! I love math!

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated... what would you do?

sheepish gifs | WiffleGif

Say thank you then I'd probably give it away to home where it can be loved 🙈

16. What is a lesser-known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)

I haven't read this one in a while, but I do remember that Arkwell Academy is full of kids with supernatural abilities. The main character herself is a literal nightmare!

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?



Here's a little meta moment. Lol. I always have about a million tabs open and sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for. Lol.

18. What is your favorite word?

Supernatural confused dean winchester GIF - Find on GIFER

Umm, I don't really have one. Oh! But I am learning Japanese and one word I think is really fun to say is "oyasuminasai," which means "goodnight." Lol.

19. Are you a nerd or a geek?

spn hook | Tumblr

Probably more of a geek. I'm more into fandom-y things than studious things 🤷‍♀️ Lol.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

Watch Twilight GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Do I have to pick? Cause I kinda hate both 😬 But if I had to, I'd probably go with vampires just because they can be pretty spooky.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

I'm An Angel Of The Lord | Supernatural Amino

Oooh, idk... shapeshifters are pretty cool. But I do love my nephilim *cough* Shadowhunters *cough* I think I'm gonna go with shapeshifters though cause their ability is awesome.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Supernatural Changing Channels Gifs Search | Search & Share on Homdor

Definitely ghosts! I love ghosts and stories about hauntings! Werewolves are another supernatural being I'm not a big fan of.

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?

supernatural-monster-movie-dracula-gif.gif (500×278) discovered by ...

Zombies because I don't like vampires (unless it's that one ☝ form Supernatural 😂)

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?

Let Me Love You GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Definitely forbidden love! I hate love triangles with a fiery passion! 🔥🔥🔥

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Dean Winchester Face Punch GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Give me ALL the action with some romance here and there and I will be a happy girl 😊


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

6 comments:

  1. Harry Potter over everything for me! I re-read the Harry Potter series last year and I'm almost finished in Breaking Dawn now, but gotta be honest; I like Harry Potter much more than Twilight.

    Are you excited about the new Twilight publication?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get it! HP is very beloved and I get why, I just never got into it myself. Maybe one day.

      YES! I read the partial draft years ago and I really loved it, so I'm excited to finally read the full thing!

      Delete
  2. I always have TONS of tabs open. That is definitely my bad habit!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll be doing this tag. The number of tabs you have open while blogging had me giggling for I'm the same! A million tabs open at any given point... It really doesn't make things easy sometimes! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to see your answers! LOL. And here is the thing: I have a million tabs open whether I'm blogging or not 😂 Right now? Not blogging... I was looking for a movie to watch, but do I have more tabs open than necessary? Yes, yes I do 😂

      Delete